I’ve only been at this blogging thing for a couple months now, but I’ve been amazed at how generous and welcoming everyone has been. I love you all for reading, commenting and retweeting, as well as being so brave in sharing your stories on your own blogs.
It feels so nice to be recognized!
I hope they don’t mind, but since the rules for both awards are generally the same, and because these awards have been around a while now, I thought I’d start a new one: The Good Egg Blog Award.
Here’s how it works:
- Thank and link back to the person who gave me this award. Thanks again LilyTaj and MyTTCStory!
- Share 7 things about yourself
- Award other bloggers (you determine who and how many)
- Contact these blogs and tell them about the award
So although you already know all about my ovaries and uterus, here are 7 things about me that you may not know:
- I’ve lived on both the East Coast and West Coast of the U.S. as well as in Florence, Italy and Munich, Germany.
- I once was fluent in Italian (even dreaming in that lovely language) but have forgotten most of it. I also speak minimal German, Spanish and studied Latin for four years.
- One of my life’s ambitions is to qualify for the Boston Marathon. I’ve run seven marathons and haven’t qualified yet, but will keep trying even if it takes until I’m 90. (By then I won’t be trying to conceive, so I’ll have that going for me.)
- I couldn’t find my dream wedding dress, so I made it myself.
- I’ve been told I look like the Mona Lisa, and I know people mean it as a complement…but she’s kind of a scary looking lady. There is a theory that her mysterious smile is because she’s pregnant…. I’d happily smile mysteriously if I could have that reason too.
- My parents became windsurfing maniacs when I was 12, so by the time I was 16 I had picked up the sport and had my own windsurfing adventure stories. Now I only windsurf once a year on the quiet lake where I grew up.
- The town where I grew up was so small that we had just one tiny two room schoolhouse with a combined 1st and 2nd grade and a 3rd, 4th and 5th grade together.
It’s nice to remember I have interests and a history that define me beyond IVF!
As for the blogs I read and passing this award along-this is the hard part. I know many of you have already been nominated for one or more of these awards and I don’t want anyone to feel excluded. My blogroll has a list of the blogs I try to read each week (and if your blog isn’t on there- please let me know!)
So here’s my list that I’d like to give some extra love to (in no particular order):
- A Little More 2 Life
- Unfertilized (love the no kids= not all bad list)
- Fox in the Hen House
- l.i.b.e.r.a.t.i.o.n. theory
- Where’s Our Stork?
- The Baby Making Diaries
- Wonky Wombs & Wacky Wickets
- My Baby Still
- My American Bliss
- A Few Minor Details
- Single Mom to Be
- From IF to When
- I am a Mommy
There are many, many other blogs I read and love, but please take a moment and leave a comment or two on some of these lovely brave blogs.
Thanks again dear readers for all the love- keep passing it along!